Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Soul Food

As I sat on my office chair today I realised that I'd sold half my soul to the devil that is known as 'Pension'; I'd sold the other half to the arch-fiend known as 'The Bank'; the proceeds had bought a very large cake; I'd eaten the cake and the chair I was sitting on suddenly felt too small.

This is not a good list. This is a list of consequence. I'm forty, fat and have a purse full of fluff. My handbag fairs little better than my purse it has to be said. In there is a half eaten sausage, a feeding bottle for a doll, a security pass and bits of paper with mobiles numbers on but no names. Oh and caffeine tables, obviously.

I bet you're sitting there thinking 'wow, she's a dynamo'. You're not wrong. Last night I stayed up till ten THIRTY.

No comments: