Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Have a Dream

I have a dream that I win the lottery (don't we all?) and when I do I buy half a dozen extremely efficient earphones for IPods. I get on the bus in the morning and give them to those generous folks who join me on my daily commute to the city and think that I, and every other person on the bus, want to listen to a tinny version of 'I am the One and Only' by that fabulous chanteur, Chesney Hawkes, or 'Bat out of Hell' by Meatloaf. In fact, we don't, we just want to read The Metro or gaze out of the window with dribble running silently down our chins (that's on the rare occasion that the bus window is clean enough to see out of - often I only know where I am when the bus driver says 'Are you getting off or WHAT?'). In this dream I say to these generous folks, 'Here, have some decent earphones, knock yourself out.' Trouble is, the dream always ends up in one of two ways: either I get carted off to the funny farm for talking to strangers in the city or I get planted on my dribble-covered chin by the meatloaf fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i always dream of winning jackpot, too. lol