Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I don't want to be mum.

Tonight I want to stay up late, be irresponsible, not set the breakfast table or make the packed lunches. I don't want to put the dogs out or polish the shoes. I want to eat chocolate biscuits and watch a rubbishy movie. Unfortunately, regardless of what I do or don't do I still have to get up at 6.15am sort the kids out and get my chunky ass out of the house in time to pay for the privilege of sniffing someone's sweaty armpit whilst listing to their delightful tinny version of 'ooh lapa looma blanca' on the bus of doom. I occasionally take revenge by carrying my mug of coffee to work and dripping its contents surreptitiously onto the offender's shoes. It's my little bit of yang.

2 comments:

Eddy G. said...

I know that feeling so well and it's so well put. Now you've got a follower; you'll have to blog a bit.

Witsend said...

Thank you Eddy. Glad you came by. :)